Wednesday, May 15, 2019

#65: I Don't Know

05/15/19

Sorry for the delayed update. I did sort through things last night and get this log typed up. Unfortunately sleep caught up with me and I passed out before I could inform all of my loyal readers. I was so focused on finding something, anything, that could give me some insight into Ali's predicament that I lost track of time.

So here's your update now that I'm conscious again. Just been watching that countdown timer going on my phone screen for a bit now. I have no fucking clue where to go from here. There's so much in my records, from the hidden images to the capitalization codes to the weird numbers at the end of Mark's video titles. My brain gets so overwhelmed and it shuts down without processing any of the possibilities. I'm trying to put myself out of the situation, play pretend that I'm a detective investigating a kidnapping totally unrelated to me.

I'm pretty sure that the kidnapper was a real person. The flash drive inside the computer suggests a real person was here besides Ali. As for the computer, it's useless. Every time I click on anything on the home screen a weird image of a face pops up and the computer restarts. I think there was some kind of virus on the flash drive but I am too nervous to check it out. I've considered asking Jae because she's good with computers but honestly, after Ben shut me down before I could argue my case, I don't want to try and involve any outsiders. This is my burden to bear.

I've viewed the video several times as well. It is a subject of fascination, as it appears so cryptic yet each clip seems to imply dark knowledge Chameleon wishes to share with his audience. And his audience is literally the audience, everyone reading. He asked you all to “keepsittingthere anddonothing”. I'm begging you not to. I feel like there has to be a hint in the contents of the video somewhere. There's footage of Ali and Ben talking. Not sure what it is they're saying unfortunately, but it might be a clue? I'm gonna keep messing with it.

Oh. I've got the video in an editor to isolate and manipulate certain portions. I actually managed to figure out some of the audio that was missing in the message. At one point just after the freaky skeleton thing, the clips say “the hackers aren't exactly” and the next clip comes from the Rememberance video. “fuckin’ angry anyone's fuckin’ watching”. I paired it up with a little research. Unfortunately all that tells me is that he wants you to observe; he just doesn't want you to interfere. Though, based on the little edited gif, Ben will be torn in two regardless of your decision. Please don't give up though. I still believe we can save Ali.

There's also a screenshot of Darek's Facebook? The faded text reads “do not trespass on his art” but “art” shifts to “heart” very briefly. It's an almost comical mourning of Casey West and talks about hiring actors to play her… it is seriously making me consider that I am in the Truman Show.

Um. References to TribeTwelve are present here as well. I don't know if that has any bearing on Ali or what but it's there. I've honestly kind of just overlooked them for the most part. There's also a segment taking pieces from the envelope video that say “remember what Ben was” and this is likely the true order of the capitalized words present in that video. Actually this is probably a reference to Mark Graves. But none of that helps me right now!

The computer is obviously the thing I need to focus on. It's clearly got something inside of it that the kidnapper wants to hide. But by hiding it they drew my attention right to it. So perhaps it's a distraction they want me to waste my time with. Or maybe there's something more to the video that I haven't found yet. Actually maybe it's the flash drive he wants to distract me from? I mean, I'm assuming it is the source of the malware afflicting the laptop. Is that what they want? I don't know if I can risk plugging it into my own device. They would have access to all of it as well then. But maybe the real secret to all of this is on that countdown page. Maybe there's something I am missing there. Honestly if I was Chameleon I would just leave a bunch of dead ends while the timer runs out just to fuck with me. So who really fucking knows anymore.

I'm getting high. Updates to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment